- Profiling patients according to their risk factor and deliver individual counselling
- Patients engagement in interactive workshops aiming at monitoring and changing their risk factors
- Redesigning the hospital environment to be fully conducive in a health promotion perspective (e.g. introduction of healthy food at the hospital canteen and cafeteria)
- Creating strong liaisons with the hospital catchment area, useful to provide and maintain a suitable environment for a permanent healthy behavioural changes among patients (within and outside the hospital)
- Designing and availability of the protocol and reports encourage the promotion of hospitals embracing a comprehensive and effective health promotion approach
The Emp – H Consortium brings together a selection of partners particularly addressed to lead the way towards fostering health promotion interventions and environments in hospital settings.
The strategy is based on the Health Promoting Hospitals (HPH) framework with a strong emphasis on evidence based prevention.